Reference Scriptures: Psalm 25:14; I Samuel 16:7; John 14:6-7; John 1:18
- INTRODUCTION — SECRETS OF WALKING WITH GOD
- “Juicy Secrets”
- “Being On the Right Tract – One-way Ticket to Heaven”
- “Sure Faith”
- SECRET #1 – GOD WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND
- God sent His Son Jesus
- He died on the cross for You
- SECRET #2 – FRIENDSHIP IS ALL ABOUT THE HEART (INTIMACY WITH GOD)
- Heart For God
- Heart Like God
- SECRET #3 – FRIENDSHIP IS ALL ABOUT RESPECT
- Respect comes before closeness
- Respect – to show proper awe—fear—reverence
- God will always have your back if you respect Him
- SECRET #4 – FRIENDSHIP IS ALL ABOUT AN INTRODUCTION—WHO YOU KNOW
- You walk with God by walking with Jesus.
- Jesus is the only One who has seen God
- Jesus Is God—He is the “Main Person”
- Who you know is everything.
- You are in with God if you are in with Jesus.
1. David said in Psalms 25:14 “The secrets of the Lord is with them that fear him and he will show them his covenant.” What does that mean?
(Having an intimate friendship with God that opens your eyes to spiritual things that are hidden.)
2. What does it mean to walk with God?
(To have a personal and loving relationship with god through faith in Jesus Christ)
3. What does it practically mean to walk with God?
(Being on the right track and staying there)
4. How do we walk with God?
(BY WALKING WITH JESUS)
5. What must you do before you can get close to God?
(Respect or fear God)
6. Explain how important this requirement is in one’s walk with God?
(You must respect God before you can get close to God)
7. What does it mean to “fear God?”
Why is “respect for God” so important?
(RESPECT FOR GOD, COMES BEFORE CLOSENESS WITH GOD)
8. In what ways have you shown God respect or disrespect? And what were the benefits or consequences you experienced as a result?
9. What are the four secrets of “Walking with God?”
(#1- God want to be your friend. #2- Friendship is all about the heart. #3 – Friendship is about respect. #4 – Friendship is all about introductions.)
10.How can you apply these four principles to your life to walk with God through faith in Jesus every day?